Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2008 | 8:03 p.m.
* Magician Criss Angel and Hugh Hefner's former girlfriend, Holly Madison, were back together again early Tuesday morning. It was a late-night, pre-dawn reunion at the Cathouse lounge in the Luxor, where the "Mindfreak" star has the world premiere of his new Cirque du Soleil show "Believe" on Halloween.
Criss and Holly were linked two months ago after they were seen together on a string of dates shortly before her much publicized breakup with the Playboy prince. They were seen together on three consecutive weekends at the Cathouse and at Blush in the Wynn. Holly is definitely "out and about,” single-style, this time in Vegas. She returned here before moving into her new bachelor-girl apartment after leaving Hefner's Los Angeles area mansion. Holly checked into the Palms hotel here -- and even had dinner with George Maloof this weekend at the Palms. Holly also showed up at the new LAVO restaurant and nightclub in the Palazzo.
Earlier last night, she showed up at a Jet nightclub party at The Mirage. She arrived at midnight with her stuffed "party pug" and a crew from the Palms led by N9NE Group host Jason “JRock” Craig.” Holly, with all eyes on her, sat in the middle of the dance floor action as the Dom Perignon champagne flowed.
Then she took off solo to meet up with Criss at the Cathouse. No word yet on how long Holly is staying on in Vegas with Criss. She is booked to return to the Palms within a couple of weeks for another hosting party -- so we'll certainly be seeing more of them together again.
* The fastest star on the Blush red carpet at the Wynn was actress Mena Suvari. The "American Pie" beauty high-heeled it at high speed past waiting videographers and photographers at the first anniversary party so she wouldn’t have to answer questions about her role in "Sex & Lives in Sin City" airing this coming weekend on Lifetime. She plays murder suspect Sandy Murphy in the story of the Ted Binion slaying, which made headlines here for many months. Mena also didn’t want to answer questions about her new sudden surprise engagement to Italian-Canadian concert promoter Simone Sestito. Simone was on Mena’s arm at the Blush party.
* "Desperate Housewives" star Josh Henderson, also now appearing on the new "90210" TV series, lingered on the Blush red carpet -- but after a first anniversary party he went on a nonstop nightclub spree. He turned up at The Bank in the Bellagio sitting on the patio with Iron Chef Bobby Flay from the Food Network and then skipped across the Strip to Drai's After Hours club in the bowels of Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall, where he ran into former N'SYNC member Chris Kirkpatrick partying into the dawn hours for the third consecutive night.
* Arizona Diamondbacks outfielders Justin Upton and Chris Young, with first baseman teammate Conor Jackson, shared a VIP table with Cleveland Indians second baseman Josh Barfield and Cincinnati Reds outfielder Chris Dickerson at Victor Drai’s other nightclub, Tryst, inside the Wynn.
* Here's an update to yesterday’s story of poker-playing Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps. The swimming champion learned to play poker less than 40 days ago and wound up coming in ninth among the 187 entrants. He was so pleased with the debut results that he’s planning to play in the next World Series of Poker. He was also presented with another gold medal to go with his 14 Olympic collections. This time it was a gold Caesars Palace medallion from poker room manager Jim Pedulla. He then moved over to the Bellagio’s Poker Room to play Texas Hold ’Em in a World Poker Tour event. The tournament, which runs through Sunday. Michael stayed in a penthouse at the Palms Place condo-hotel and spa where he hung out with owner George Maloof and Hugh Hefner’s ex girlfriend, Holly Madison, at Iron Chef Kerry Simon’s new restaurant and also at the N9NE Steakhouse, where he enjoyed a bone in filet. The "Girls Next Door" star also showed up at LAVO in the Palazzo over the weekend. Without Hef or Criss Angel on her arm she held onto a stuffed animal puppy and sipped Grey Goose until 3 a.m., dancing to DJ Vice in their VIP table area.
* After playing the greens in Justin Timberlake’s PGA tournament, actor Luke Wilson put down the clubs long enough to go partying at the LAX nightclub in the Luxor with his pro-golf partner, Dustin Johnson. Luke didn’t win but still celebrated with Dom Perignon champagne and Belvedere Vodka cocktails.