This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Bank of America Awards Big Brothers Big Sisters $15,000
Published on Mon, Oct 8, 2012 (5:52 p.m.)(Las Vegas, NV). Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada has received a $15,000 donation from Bank of America in support of its expanding site-based mentoring services at eight targeted Clark County Elementary Schools and four Boys & Girls Club of Las Vegas locations.
"This school year, structured and supervised afternoon and after-school mentoring is now being provided at Walter Bracken Elementary School and at Ruby Thomas Elementary School," according to Athena Jones-Gould, Program Manager. "We continue to get referrals from school principals, counselors, social workers and teachers and we continue to actively recruit more mentors. The need is great and just keeps growing."
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada hopes to surpass its present capacity of 408 mentoring matches this year. "Its only October, Ms. Jones-Gould said, "We have two more months to interview more adult volunteers to be mentors. This gift from Bank of America came at the perfect time to serve more kids."
- UFC 190 breakdown, betting odds and picks: Nogueira brothers are slight underdogs
- Steve Wynn looking for a ‘belter’ to fill void left by ‘Showstoppers’ singer
- Tristan Clark, 2017 recruiting target for UNLV, transfers to Findlay Prep
- Obama to speak at energy conference at Mandalay Bay
- Motorcyclist, pedestrian killed in crash at Eastern and Canosa