This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Nevada JCL kicks off the year with October philanthropy
Published on Thu, Oct 11, 2012 (7:05 p.m.)NEVADA JCL KICKS OFF THE YEAR WITH OCTOBER PHILANTHROPY
National Junior Classical League Heads Monthly Philanthropies- October UNICEF Spare Change Collection
The National Junior Classical League is holding nationwide community service projects every month. The Nevada Chapter of the NJCL is participating in the October service project to collect spare change to donate to UNICEF.
The National Junior Classical League is an organization of middle school and high school students sponsored by the American Classical League. It is composed of local and state chapters and is the largest Classical organization in the world today. Its purpose is to encourage an interest in and an appreciation of the language, literature, and culture of ancient Greece and Rome and to impart an understanding of the debt of our own culture to that of Classical antiquity.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Kallyse Duddlesten or visit www.njcl.org.
- Snow on the Strip, underwater Santa and more: It’s holiday season in Las Vegas
- Report: More Northeast casinos, more Atlantic City closures
- Key question in Uber/Lyft fight: Should driver lists be required?
- 5 reasons why Liberty will challenge Gorman in state championship game
- High Roller offers annual passes and locals, happy hour pricing