This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
McCaw School of Mines to Host Open House
Published on Wed, Nov 7, 2012 (9:06 a.m.)There's a real, live (simulated) gold mine in downtown Henderson. You are invited to see it, tour it and find out what it's all about on Saturday, November 17, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. The Mine is located next to McCaw Elememtary School at 57 Lynn Lane, Henderson, 89015.
Gold Searchers will demonstrate some modern day prospecting methods. You can even try your hand at panning for gold. Hot dogs and soft drinks will be available for sale. The gift shop will be open. (cash only)
The McCaw School of Mines is a field trip destination for all Clark County School District fourth grade student who are learning about Nevada history and the importance of mining to the state. For more information visit their web site at www.mccawschoolofmines.org or call Clyde Caldwell at 702-300-6903..
- Have concerns over legalizing recreational marijuana? Fear not
- Nine reasons NFL owners could stop the Raiders from moving to Las Vegas
- Election Guide 2016: Making sense of the November ballot
- How Democrats are dominating early voting in Nevada
- Second chances: DW Bistro’s opening symbolic of the Gramercy’s newfound momentum