This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
John C. Bass Elementary Students Predicted Outcome of Election
Published on Wed, Nov 7, 2012 (12:36 p.m.)Bass Elementary Predicted Election Outcome
On November 5, 2012, the students at John C. Bass Elementary cast their ballots to predict the next president of the United States of America. The outcome was an overwhelming vote for President Barack Obama to be re-elected by a ratio of three to one. Students that cast a vote received an “I voted” sticker, which was worn proudly throughout the day. In order to have cast a vote within the individual classrooms, students filled out an application to be a registered voter. They then received a voter registration card to present to their teacher on our election day. Members of the Old Spanish Trail Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, volunteered their time to count all the ballots cast.
- Report: Las Vegas’ industrial space a turnoff for companies eyeing move here
- Q+A: George Clooney talks Las Vegas memories, Italy and his Casamigos tequila
- Casino reimburses players in tourney marred by fake chips
- After ‘refocusing of the vision of God,’ Peace Palace on track to be finished by year’s end
- Is Las Vegas really among world’s most disappointing places?