This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
John C. Bass Elementary Students Predicted Outcome of Election
Published on Wed, Nov 7, 2012 (12:36 p.m.)Bass Elementary Predicted Election Outcome
On November 5, 2012, the students at John C. Bass Elementary cast their ballots to predict the next president of the United States of America. The outcome was an overwhelming vote for President Barack Obama to be re-elected by a ratio of three to one. Students that cast a vote received an “I voted” sticker, which was worn proudly throughout the day. In order to have cast a vote within the individual classrooms, students filled out an application to be a registered voter. They then received a voter registration card to present to their teacher on our election day. Members of the Old Spanish Trail Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, volunteered their time to count all the ballots cast.
- Michele Fiore heading to Oregon to support Bundy’s cause
- For Marco’s Pizza operating chief, ‘Undercover Boss’ appearance was eye-opener
- Rebels will host Jackson State and its marching band to kick off season
- Want to dine out with your dog? Las Vegas health officials are making it possible
- Strip Scribbles: $1K Nobu dinner; Giada; Chinese New Year; $2.3M Broncos win; ‘Jason Bourne’