This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
IGT and the Shane Victorino Foundation Knock it out of the Park for Children in Las Vegas this Holiday Season
Published on Tue, Nov 20, 2012 (8:59 a.m.)(LAS VEGAS) – International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT) and the Shane Victorino Foundation kicked off the annual “Knock it out of the Park” Toy Drive at IGT’s Las Vegas campus on Monday, Nov. 19.
Major League Baseball player Shane Victorino, Governor Bob Miller and IGT employees collected toys and gifts for children throughout Las Vegas. During the event, IGT also presented a $5,000 check to foundation board members Governor Miller and Shane Victorino, a Las Vegas resident and former center fielder for the Phillies and Dodgers.
Toys will be donated to Matthew’s Closet, the Shade Tree Shelter and Toys for Tots.
“I am incredibly lucky that through my baseball career, I’m able to give back through my Foundation,” said Victorino. “My wife, Melissa, and I love living in Las Vegas during the off-season and we want to do our part, to help make the holidays a little brighter for children in need.”
- Ramen shop moves into the Ogden; paint studio comes to Henderson
- Photos: Christina Aguilera, fiance Matthew Rutler party at Hakkasan
- How Flamingo Road’s face-lift will work
- STDs are on the rise in Clark County — are you part of the problem?
- Photos: Kourtney Kardashian toasts 36th birthday with Scott Disick at 1 OAK