This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Kids are Waiting!
Published on Tue, Nov 20, 2012 (2 p.m.)(Las Vegas, NV; November 20, 2012) - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada continues to need more volunteer mentors to serve as positive role models for the Valley’s children and teenagers.
For 39 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada has provided mentoring to thousands of youth who need attention, support and an adult friend to listen to them. The nonprofit agency is growing and needs help now.
“Kids are waiting. Now, more than ever, we need mentors who are willing to volunteer to be Big Brothers and Sisters” said Molly Latham, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern NV. “The need is now. As we expand to help more youth, we need more mentors.”
“For as little as an hour a week or four hours a month, our Little Brothers and Sisters are eager for more attention, homework help and guidance,” Latham said. “We are interviewing men, women and couples of all races, colors, backgrounds, sexual orientations and beliefs. High school and college students can also volunteer to help make that difference.”
For further information or to schedule an interview, contact [email protected] or call 702.731.2227. ###
- Ownership changes, but strip club drama for Club Paradise remains
- Motorcyclist who died in crash that blocked Interstate 15 is identified
- Pahrump deputy is arrested, accused of pointing gun at his wife
- Driver suspected of DUI after crashing into tree near Valley View, Charleston
- 90-degree weather expected to last through Tuesday