This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Director Rene Rhi will visit Las Vegas for the 9th Annual Las Vegas Latino Film Festival
Published on Sun, Nov 25, 2012 (11:36 a.m.)The film "Embroidering the Border" ( Bordando la Frontera) by Mexican director René Rhi, will be participating this December 1, 2012 in the "9th Annual Latino Film Festival of Las Vegas" sponsored by the Hispanic Museum of Nevada.
The film features the masterful adaptation of music by renowned singer Nelson Teran, composer of the song "Avenida Abismo " (http://youtu.be/3cF07DMW05Y), main song of the film.
The film Rene Rhi, recorded in Matamoros, Mexico and Brownsville, Texas, with Mexican cast, is based on a real life fact: a Mexican immigrant crossing illegally into Arizona, to work and thus raise the money needed to pay for the surgery of his daughter who suffers from a malignant tumor. Along the way, life is placed in a dilemma, continue their path or save the life of an American girl and her mother who were at risk in the deserts of Arizona.
- Lucky Dragon casino fully financed, will be finished this year, backers say
- 2 adults dead, 2 children wounded in shooting outside day care center
- Wynn now says planned lake will include 10-story island
- UNLV basketball coach Marvin Menzies completes coaching staff
- Intrigue grand opening: Three nights of star power, skin and sass