This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Tobacco Free Week
Published on Wed, Nov 28, 2012 (3:49 p.m.)At Sunrise Mountain High School we are doing a tobacco free week, and to show people that dying from tobacco use is not a joke students from Sunrise Mountain DECA will be helping to draw chalk outlines of dead bodies on the floor. There will be exactly 27 bodies drawn to represent 2,700 teens who start smoking every year. The bodies will be drawn around the front and back of the school on the sidewalk for everyone to view. We hope this will help create awareness and prevent teens from starting to use tobacco products. Tobacco free week's official Facebook page is www.facebook.com/tobaccofreeweek.com
- Developer spending millions to halt decay in L.V.’s Huntridge area
- City of Las Vegas plans to go to 100 percent renewable energy
- Ultimo’s Grand Banquet — ‘the grandest meal ever served in Las Vegas’
- Uber looks to public for support in lobbying Clark County
- Substitute school bus driver accused of sexually assaulting child