This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Foundation Donates $1,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern NV
Published on Thu, Jan 10, 2013 (1:43 p.m.)(Las Vegas, NV). Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada has received a $1,500 donation from The Si Redd and Tamara Redd Charitable Foundation to support its expanding site-based mentoring services at eight targeted Clark County Elementary Schools and four Boys & Girls Club of Las Vegas locations.
"This school year, we have grown our structured and supervised afternoon and after-school mentoring to include Walter Bracken Elementary School and Ruby Thomas Elementary School," said Molly Latham, Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to grow and to serve more children. During these challenging economic times, every gift helps. The Foundation’s is so very much appreciated."
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada hopes to surpass its present capacity of 408 mentoring matches this year. Volunteer-driven and donor-supported, Big Brothers Big Sisters is a nonprofit agency offering three programs: site-based mentoring, community-based mentoring and the DREAMR Project providing specialized mentoring to teenagers in foster care. For more information about how to donate, volunteer or advocate, please contact [email protected] or call Ed at (702) 731-2227.
- 6 places in the United States where Las Vegas casino companies want to expand
- State high court ruling favors HOAs over banks on home seizures
- Questions arise after driver freed in Stratosphere crash commits suicide
- Iggy Azalea, One Direction, Ariana Grande, Coldplay, Calvin Harris lead iHeart lineup
- Mayweather called before athletic commission