This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Local teen becomes state finalist in National American Miss Pageant
Published on Mon, Jan 14, 2013 (5:25 p.m.)Miss Alexis Gilbert, age 14, has been chosen as a State Finalist in the National American Miss Nevada Pageant to be held on July 14th at the beautiful JW Marriott in Las Vegas. The National American Miss pageants are held for girls ages 4-18, and have five different age divisions. Alexis will be participating in the Junior Teen age division, along with other outstanding young ladies from across the great state of Nevada.
The winner of the Pageant will receive a $1,000 cash award, the official crown and banner, a bouquet of roses, and air transportation to compete it the National Pageant in California where she will receive an exciting complimentary tour of Hollywood and two V.I.P. tickets to Disneyland®.
The Pageant program is based on inner-beauty, as well as poise and presentation. Emphasis is put on the importance of developing self-confidence, learning good sportsmanship, as well as setting and achieving personal goals. The Pageant recognizes the accomplishments of each girl while encouraging her to set goals for her future. Families interested in learning more about this unique and outstanding youth program may visit www.namiss.com.
- Downtown transformation marches on as 3 throwback spots shut doors
- Why are high-rises missing from the construction rebound in Las Vegas?
- Fire at Lovell Canyon Road, State Route 160 burning 200 acres
- With homicides way up in Las Vegas, community forces get at the roots
- Fireworks fundamentals: See what’s legal and what’s not in Las Vegas