This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
World Series of Bricklaying held in Las Vegas Feb 6
Published on Tue, Jan 29, 2013 (6:10 a.m.)Hello,
The 2013 SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER® National competition for the “World Series of Bricklaying” will be held at the World of Concrete/World of Masonry trade show in Las Vegas, on February 6, 2013. Top qualified Bricklayers from North America and Europe and Australia will compete at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Gold Lot for the title “World’s Best Bricklayer.” See the event poster at:
The event details:
SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 National
• Date: February 6, 2013
• Location: Las Vegas Convention Center, Masonry Madness Arena, Gold Lot
• Cash and Prizes $100,000, top prize a 2013 Ford F250 4x4 XLT truck.
• Time: 12:15 PM – 3:30 PM Pacific
• Media Contact: Jeff Farmakes (612) 750-2924 or (612) 306-5672
As part of the Masonry Madness day, there are 3 masonry under card events held in the same location preceding the 2013 SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER National. They start as follows:
• MCAA’s Masonry Skills Challenge -9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon, top apprentices compete for National title.
• SPEC MIX TOUGHEST TENDER – 10:45 AM, Mason tenders compete to set up a work area in the fastest time.
• MCAA’s Fastest trowel on the Block – 11:30 AM, Blocklaying masons compete for top blocklaying honors.
See a more detailed SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER National press release at:
This release has some additional links and information which can fill you in on the competition details. This event can provide some education to your viewers/readers on masonry, one of the oldest trade professions in the world.
If you have a interest in covering the event, please contact me for assistance.
SPEC MIX®, Inc.
Marketing /Marketing Communications
SPEC MIX®, Inc.
Eagan Industrial Rd., SUITE 160
Eagan, MN 55121
- Review: Brooks brings the spectacle in Las Vegas return
- NHL betting at T-Mobile is possible (there’s an app for it); no shakin’ in Elvis’ old theater
- Southern Nevada expected to sizzle in coming days, with rain to follow
- New gaming spaces, restaurants part of Cosmopolitan’s transformation
- Patrons say farewell to Mermaids and La Bayou in downtown