This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
CSN Wrestlers Take Title
Published on Sun, Feb 24, 2013 (12:57 p.m.)The College of Southern Nevada wrestling team withstood a furious comeback attempt By Dixie State College in the last dual meet of the day to win the team title in the West Coast Duals, held at Syndicate MMA in Las Vegas. The Red Storm defeated CSN 39-21, but it was not enough to catch the Coyotes, who built up an early lead with lopsided wins over the University of Southern California and the University of Utah. The Coyotes hope to keep their momentum rolling heading into next week's NCWA West Coast Regional Championships at Cal Baptist University in Riverside, California.
Dual Meet Scores
CSN 54, Utah 12
Dixie State 41, USC 10
CSN 50, USC 12
Dixie State 42, Utah 6
USC 30, Utah 6
Dixie State 39, CSN 21
Dixie State 122
- Foothill grad Killebrew taken in NFL Draft’s fourth round
- Rain in Las Vegas knocks out power, is a factor in crashes
- UNLV basketball lands another commit in 6-foot-11 Africa native
- 2 killed as small airplane crashes south of Las Vegas
- Wynn’s empire is never ‘Never’ land; we hit the stage with Mr. Las Vegas