This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Fast Approaching: Deadline for Spring 2013 Camp Solari is March 11
Published on Mon, Mar 4, 2013 (11:16 a.m.)Las Vegas, Nev. – March 4, 2013 – Camp Solari, a weekend bereavement camp sponsored by the non-profit Solari Hospice Foundation, provides grieving children ages 6 to 17 and their surviving caregivers with an opportunity to learn healthy coping strategies while still honoring the memories of their loved ones. All weekend activities – including lodging, meals, counseling and materials – are free to camp participants.
The next Camp Solari is set for May 3-5, 2013, at Mt. Charleston Lodge. Among the many planned activities at Camp Solari are art, music, talk therapy, drumming, dancing and nature walks.
Applications for Camp Solari are accepted year ‘round, but must be completed by March 11, 2013, to be considered for the Spring 2013 Las Vegas camp. This year’s camp is funded in part by a grant from Cox Charities. Solari Hospice Foundation is also proud to partner with Las Vegas-based Clear View Counseling, whose team orchestrates and leads all camp activities.
To request an application for Camp Solari, please call 702-870-0000 or visit www.solarihospicefoundation.org.
- Six renovated grocery stores make their debut, Town Square gets juicy
- Rain to stay through Monday; weekend brings warmer weather
- Jerry Tarkanian, ‘the greatest Rebel of all time,’ remembered for loyalty during UNLV tribute
- Beware of ticket scams for Mayweather Jr.-Pacquiao fight May 2 at MGM
- Cowboy commissioner rides career as political maverick