This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Members Sign Petitions Opposing Cuts to Social Security
Published on Wed, Apr 24, 2013 (4:32 p.m.)Las Vegas area local residents and Moveon members outraged by proposal to cut Social Security benefits will be gathering to protest and deliver a petition created by a local Moveon member Catherine Cappelo.
The petition urges Senator Reid to break with President Obama and pledge to vote against anybudget deal that cuts Socail Security benefits.
WHAT: Mobilization to protect Social Security and petition delivery.
WHO: Local Moceon.org members will be holding sign.
WHEN: Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 12 noon
To read the petition authored by Moveon member Catherine Cappello go to s3/moveon.org/pdfs/sen+nv_01+pdf
- Nightlife at SLS Las Vegas: Life Nightclub, The Sayers Club and Foxtail
- ‘O’ artist released from hospital after suffering injury during show
- South Point GM Ryan Growney: ‘Las Vegas Cowboy Central’ expands with Priefert Pavilion
- Dirty South is ready to be the Life of the party at SLS Las Vegas
- WWE legend Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts in intensive care in Las Vegas