This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Quidditch comes to Life
Published on Thu, May 23, 2013 (9:59 a.m.)A sport once only read about in the Harry Potter series has jumped out the pages and landed right here in Sin City. This is a sport highly underrated by many. It takes stamina, endurance and dedication. Every Saturday at Tropical Breeze park in North Las Vegas a dedicated group of men and women get together to play Quidditch. Practice starts at 5 pm sharp and can usually last up to 2 hours. Captain Rich Hatch and co-captain Mitch Dumas founded team Quid Pro Quo in October 2012 and since has been building up a reputation. These people travel all over America for competitions and tournaments. They have suffered bruises, bumps and broken bones for the love of the game. A large amount of the team comes from Nellis AFB and the rest are people from the community. This wonderful sport deserves more attention and we invite you all out any and every Saturday to join us at Tropical Breeze Park North Vegas at 5pm for practice. I promise you won't regret it.
- Latest storm threat brings flash flood watch for Las Vegas
- ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ Season 12 winner Scott Commings: Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill vs. DMV
- Metro releases photos in search for armed robbery suspects
- Another Atlantic City bust: Trump Plaza closes
- Pussy Riot joins the Life Is Beautiful speaker lineup