Las Vegas Sun

April 18, 2014

Currently: 75° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Area Writer Debunks Feminists’ Claims That Men Face Extinction

Published on Thu, May 23, 2013 (2:13 p.m.)

Writes Novel, Spunk, a Fable, Defending Gender

May 23, 2013

Las Vegas, NV— When it hit bookshelves in the fall of 2012, journalist Hanna Rosin’s The End of Men: And the Rise of Women (Riverhead, 2012) provoked debate about her premise that women are becoming the dominant sex. “It certainly got me thinking,” says Las Vegas author Helen O’Reilly. Thinking and writing; O’Reilly’s resulting novel, Spunk, a Fable, has just been released (Createspace, 2013), and it’s available in paperback and kindle versions from Amazon.com.

“As a heterosexual woman who has married two of them, buried one of them, and given birth to three of them—men, that is—the idea of a world without men irked me. Of course that’s not literally what Rosin’s book is about. But after all, technology has now made it possible to start with a cell, replace its DNA, and cut papa out of the picture. I began to think about the kind of world that would create, and Spunk, a Fable was the result.

Described by early readers as “The Handmaid’s Tale meets The Hunger Games,” “a twisted, wry, post-modern fable,” and “a delightful read that shows powerful women in desperate circumstances, hanging on while letting go,” Spunk, a Fable is O’Reilly’s first foray into adult fiction, although as Helen H. Moore she is familiar to readers as the author of numerous titles for educators and children, published by Scholastic, Inc., and others as well as a contributor to Desert Companion Magazine and other publications.

She is seeking media interviews and publicity. "Authors today must take the lead in marketing their own books," she says. "We have to leverage every opportunity."

###

http://www.amazon.com/Spunk-Fable-Helen-H-OReilly/dp/1483979873/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1369338068&sr;=8-1&keywords;=Spunk%2C+a+Fable

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed