This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
June 'Whiskey Wednesdays' Honor American Bourbons at Andre's Cigar Lounge
Published on Fri, May 24, 2013 (8 a.m.)Celebrity Chef André Rochat's Cigar Lounge, on the second floor of his namesake restaurant in the Monte Carlo, is celebrating the red, white and blue of American Bourbons in June.
June's Whiskey Wednesdays take place 5:30 - close, and invites all visiting guests, valued locals and industry friends for new tastings and education on whiskeys of all makes and models.
When it comes to American bourbons, there’s none better than the Jim Beam brands, born in the heart of this country, Clermont Kentucky. Only interrupted those few short years by Prohibition, seven generations of the Beam family have been producing whiskey since 1795. (The company, in fact, rebranded as Jim Beam Bourbons in honor of James Beam, who rebuilt the business after Prohibition ended.)
Each Wednesday evening in June, Andre’s Cigar Lounge will feature the finest from the Beam family, including:
• Bookers, 7 year Small Batch (and high proof- Bookers is 127 proof or 63.5% alcohol)
• Bakers, 7 Year (107 proof, 53.5% alcohol)
• Knob Creek, 9 year (120 proof, 60% alcohol single barrel expression)
• Jim Beam, Devil’s Cut (rich and robust, this 90 proof creation uses extracted bourbon reclaimed from the walls of the cask, mixed with 6-year old Beam bourbon)
• Jim Beam, Jacob’s Ghost (80 proof and unaged)
This flight of five bourbons (.5 ounces each) is just $25 any Wednesday, from 5:30 to close, and accompanies the usual hand-crafted libations, rare cognacs, and exclusive cigars.
Call (702) 798-7151 for more information or to book parties in Andre’s Cigar Lounge this fine month of June.
- Strip Scribbles: Floyd Mayweather Jr.; new club at Mandalay Bay; Mark O’Meara; ‘Ink Master’
- ‘Area 52: The Actual Footage’ to film on location in Las Vegas
- 30-year-old charged with trafficking underage girl
- Unable to buy playoff tickets, Las Vegan sues NFL, Seahawks
- Photos: ‘Las Vegas: The Game’ is the ultimate prank for Sin City madness