This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Man to Run 300+ Miles Through the Mojave
Published on Fri, Jul 5, 2013 (11:34 a.m.)Hello! My name is LIndsay Beckman and I am the Director of Marketing for MOYO Peanut Butter. I'm writing because next week on July 7th, our team will be meeting up in Laughlin, NV to be part of the crew to support our company's founder Will Laughlin while he runs over 300 miles through the Mojave Desert to raise awareness for our new Indiegogo campaign. His run begins July 9th.
We'd LOVE the opportunity to talk with you, your paper and possibly have a TV interview done. Since none of us are from that area I'm hoping you might be able to help or direct us to the right person to chat with.
It's a pretty remarkable event that will take place, and although Will has done many excursions like this in the past, this will be one of the toughest and longest runs he has attempted. We think you might find it as exciting as we do. I've attached our press release and the link to it online in hopes that this is something you would like to discuss more. Please contact me so we can continue the conversation!
Thank you so much for your time!
MOYO Peanut Butter Launches Indiegogo Campaign
Nutritionally Enhanced Peanut Butter's One for One Mission Kicks Off With Mojave Desert Run
BOULDER, CO--(Marketwired - July 02, 2013) - This month, MOYO peanut butter launches its Indiegogo campaign with the initial goal of saving 2,000 children with micronutrient-enhanced therapeutic peanut butter. Donors to the Indiegogo campaign will help feed severely malnourished children in Central America, Africa, Nepal and the United States. Campaign donors will also receive an invitation to join MOYO's official peanut butter product testing team and be eligible for some great gifts.
"MOYO's Indiegogo campaign represents the foundation of our brand, which is about feeding people and saving lives worldwide," said MOYO Founder Will Laughlin.
During the Indiegogo campaign, Laughlin, an elite ultra-marathoner, will raise additional awareness about the cause by attempting to run 300 miles across the Mojave Desert starting on July 9. This will be Laughlin's longest straight-through run among a collection of impressive records, including a 260 mile run across Costa Rica and the first successful wilderness crossing of Death Valley during the hot season -- 180 miles in 130-degree heat.
"In addition to helping highlight MOYO's cause, these runs give me a chance to test MOYO as a perfect, portable nutrition solution for both athletes and people on the go," said Laughlin.
MOYO, meaning heart and soul in Swahili, is a great-tasting and nutritionally enhanced peanut butter developed by a team of elite athletes, sports physicians and nutritionists. As an all-natural superfood, MOYO is formulated with omega 3s and whole-food micronutrients believed to decrease general inflammation, improve heart health and regulate body weight.
"Once officially launched at our online store on Aug. 1, MOYO's ounce for ounce proposition will turn ordinary grocery shoppers into heroes -- super-fueling their bodies while giving them a powerful, quantifiable connection to a life they're helping save."
MOYO is available in four unique flavors: Just Plain Good -- representing the United States; Aztec Cinnamon-Chia Crunch -- representing Central America; and Africocoa Crunch -- representing Africa; Himalayan Zingi Ginger -- representing Nepal.
MOYO's manufacturing and non-profit philanthropy partner, MANA Nutrition, is a leader in producing and distributing peanut butter based ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) to children in Africa, Asia, and other regions suffering from disastrous food shortages and childhood malnutrition. In cooperation with MANA Nutrition, MOYO will provide children suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) with sustainable access to a cure. It is estimated that five million children die every year due to poor nutrition. Leading organizations agree that the best way to treat the most severe cases, those with SAM, is through peanut butter based RUTF.
The UNICEF budget currently funds treatment for only about 20 percent of those who need RUTF. MOYO is working to reach the other 80 percent.
For more information about MOYO's Indiegogo campaign, visit igg.me/at/moyopb. To find out more about MOYO, visit www.moyopb.com or follow MOYO on Twitter @MoyoPB or Facebook at www.facebook.com/Moyopb.
- Investigators think they know who tore up Death Valley’s fragile Racetrack Playa
- Nevada gaming officials among few to have seen Trump’s tax returns
- Investment group yanks $167.3 million bid to buy Raiders coliseum site after Oakland gives cold shoulder
- New Formula 1 owner wants Las Vegas as potential future race venue
- MGM’s Murren trades barbs with Trump campaign manager over jobs, taxes