This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Hazardous Waste Management Training
Published on Thu, Sep 19, 2013 (11:16 a.m.)Improve your business and environmental performance with effective management strategies taught by the experienced professionals in the Nevada Business Environmental Program a statewide business assistance group based at the University of Nevada, Reno.
In this seminar you and your team will learn:
• What’s new – including the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Hazardous Communication;
• How to ensure your facility is properly managing hazardous waste;
• RCRA manifest requirements and what those requirements mean for your facility;
• Waste Identification & Labeling.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is designed for business owners/managers, environmental health and safety personnel, personnel involved in businesses with the potential to generate hazardous waste, and others interested in improving their knowledge regarding hazardous waste management.
Benefits of Attending
• Practical tools, concepts and resources that can be applied to your business;
• Recordkeeping and reporting requirements;
• How tracking waste leads to improved management that benefits your business;
• How you can benefit from cost-saving approaches that improve efficiency and reduce regulatory requirements.
Sept. 23, 9:00-12:00 NV Energy, Wengert Room, 6226 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas
- MGM Resorts, Wynn to stop buying NV Energy power on Saturday
- As Las Vegas deal wobbles, Techno Stadium Lite might keep Raiders in Oakland
- Clinton’s ‘nasty’ Trump ads are mostly his own words
- Poll: Nevada voters support Clinton, gun measure and marijuana legalization
- Rebels looking for new QB to make easy plays against Fresno State