This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Accepting Applications for Asian Pacific American Youth Leadership Symposium
Published on Tue, Nov 12, 2013 (3:26 p.m.)Bamboo Bridges will hold its 4th annual Asian Pacific American Youth Leadership Symposium (APAYLS) on Saturday, March 8, 2014, at UNLV’s William S. Boyd School of Law. The event is open to all high school students at no cost, but students must apply at bamboobridges.org.
Vice Chair Maricar Andrade says, “We are honored to once again partner with CCSD and the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association to offer this important event. We expect more than 100 applications and will accept approximately 80 students to attend. Every year, participants rave about our symposium and the valuable skills they’ve learned from guest speakers. We’re also pleased to announce that the CCSD Board of Trustees recently recognized Bamboo Bridges for its organization of APAYLS.”
Bamboo Bridges is a nonprofit organization which serves Asian Pacific American women and their families through advocacy, outreach, education, and the development of culturally relevant services. For more information, contact Bamboo Bridges at (702) 527-2533 or [email protected]
- Crash into signal control box and light pole injures 2 in car and pedestrian
- Vegas Play of the Day: Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder
- Harper pulled for not hustling; Nats fall to Cards
- Durango’s Gaynor Jr. commits to San Jose State basketball
- Northern Nevada youth coach pleads no contest to battery charge