Las Vegas Sun

October 1, 2014

Currently: 73° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Kids for Peace Las Vegas/Henderson raises $710 to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children

Published on Tue, Dec 17, 2013 (1:27 p.m.)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[email protected]
www.kidsforpeaceglobal.org

MEDIA ALERT FOR Thursday, December 19th, 2013

Kids for Peace Las Vegas/Henderson raises $710 to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children

The Las Vegas/Henderson Chapter of the International Organization, Kids for Peace, will be visiting St. Jude’s Ranch for children on Thursday, December 19th to deliver donations they raised from their group Kindness Bracelet Project. For the past two months, Kids for Peace members, ranging from ages 1-12, have been keeping track of their acts of kindness and going out their way spread joy and peace. For each kind deed, they were given a bead. Their kind acts spanned from grand gestures, such as handing out hot chocolate to crossing guards and donating gently used toys, to everyday actions like sharing, holding doors open and writing thank you notes. These beads then became Kindness Bracelets that the children sold for donations. With a generous contribution from Autism Care West, friends, family and members of the community, the children raised $710 in less than two months. Their goal is to help make Christmas a little brighter for the children at St. Jude’s Ranch.

This project was one of the ways that Kids for Peace members fulfilled a line from their Peace Pledge, “ I pledge to help others as I go throughout my day”. They also recently visited a Henderson Fire Station to thank them for their service.

For more information about this or other Kids for Peace Las Vegas/Henderson Projects, please contact chapter leader Megan Merchant at [email protected]

WHAT: Kindness Bracelet Project to benefit St. Jude’s Ranch for Children
WHEN: Thursday, December 19th, 2013
WHERE: 100 St Jude's St, Boulder City, NV 89005

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed