This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
World's best billiard players to meet in Las Vegas for championship playoff
Published on Wed, Jan 15, 2014 (12:07 p.m.)36 of the world's top professional pool players will convene in Las Vegas as The World Professional Billiard League will hold it's first ever WPBL Bonus Ball championship tournament February 5th-15th at the WPBL Arena located at 6745 Surrey St. in Las Vegas.
The 12 teams consisting of 3 players each will be competing for a $120,000 prize fund, with the championship team crowned as the first ever champs for the league that's completing it's inaugural season.
Among the marquee names in the league are Mika Immonen and Johnny Archer - the last two players of the decade according to The Billiard Congress of America, as well as current number one rated player in the world Thorsten Hohmann.
For more information on teams, players, the tournament schedule, or the game of Bonus Ball, visit the league's website at www.wpbltv.com
- Chick-fil-A files for permit, is one step closer to coming to Henderson
- Steel structure of Las Vegas Arena complete as construction chugs along
- Former Metro Police officer arrested on child porn counts
- Report: Future of Las Vegas transportation includes light rail under Strip, monorail extension
- The most important GOP donor you don’t know is married to one you do