Las Vegas Sun

October 24, 2014

Currently: 63° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Michael Cavanaugh Brings 'Greatest Hits of the American Rock and Roll Songbook' to The Smith Center

Published on Tue, Feb 18, 2014 (7:35 p.m.)

Dubbed “the New Voice of the American Rock & Roll songbook” by Billboard Magazine, Michael Cavanaugh will bring his acclaimed interpretation of modern pop/rock classics to The Smith Center February 21 and 22. He will present his show, “Greatest Hits of the American Rock and Roll Songbook,” for three performances over two days.
A charismatic performer and musician, made famous for his piano and lead vocals in the Broadway musical "Movin’ Out," Cavanaugh will bring his acclaimed interpretations of America’s favorite songs to Smith Center audiences. Handpicked by Billy Joel to star in title role and evoking a style rivaling the Piano Man, Cavanaugh appeared in the show for three years and over 1,200 performances, receiving accolade after accolade, culminating with both Grammy and Tony award nominations in 2003.
A full-time resident of Las Vegas, Cavanaugh looks forward to a hometown crowd, given his extensive touring schedule. “I look forward to Vegas shows because I get the opportunity to perform for my friends and family. There’s no better feeling than looking into the crowd and seeing familiar faces during the show,” says Cavanaugh.
To purchase tickets, visit www.thesmithcenter.com. For more information on Cavanaugh or for upcoming tour dates, visit www.michaelcavanaugh.com.

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed