This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Henderson student named to Mines Dean’s List
Published on Mon, Mar 3, 2014 (2:25 p.m.)School of Mines News
South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
501 E. Saint Joseph St.
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Henderson, N.V., student named to Mines Dean’s List
RAPID CITY, S.D. (March 3, 2014) – South Dakota School of Mines & Technology student Christian Chavez, mechanical engineering, Henderson, N.V., was named to the Dean’s List for the 2014 fall semester. In order to merit a spot on the Dean’s List, students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher for the semester. Full-time students must have earned a minimum of 12 credit hours that term, while part-time students must have earned between 3 and 11 credit hours that term.
Public Relations Officer
Founded in 1885, the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology is a science and engineering research university located in Rapid City, S.D., offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The university enrolls 2,640 students from 45 states and 37 countries, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. The average starting salary for graduates is $62,400 with a 98 percent placement rate. Find us online at www.sdsmt.edu, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sdsmt and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/sdsmt.
- Las Vegas expects 315,000 visitors this Labor Day Weekend
- Metro officer wounded — apparently with AK-47 — during prowler call
- Extremists’ lives, deaths detailed in review of 2014 rampage in Las Vegas
- Celebrity preview: Drake, Jason Derulo, Kevin Hart, Chris Brown, Nelly, Lil Wayne, Flo Rida, Incubus
- College football by the odds: Las Vegas picks and preview of Week 1