This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Groups Call on Vons to Label GMOs
Published on Fri, Mar 7, 2014 (8:05 a.m.)***MEDIA ADVISORY***
Sam Wilson-Moses, U.S. PIRG Education Fund
Cell: (541) 335-9972
On Anniversary of Whole Foods GMO Labeling Commitment,
Consumers Launch Campaign Calling on Vons to Follow Suit
What: U.S. PIRG Education Fund will hold a rally and press event outside the Vons on Tropicana and S Maryland Pkwy to mark the one year anniversary of Whole Foods’ announcement that it will adopt labeling for ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs) on all products in its stores, and to call on Vons to label its store-brand products for GMOs. U.S. PIRG Education Fund will also release a white paper documenting other recent actions by companies in response to consumers’ desire for labeling
- Sam Wilson-Moses, U.S. PIRG
- Nicole Sligar, GMO Free Nevada
- Angela Harris, Master Herbalist and lead instructor, HerbU.net
When: Saturday, March 8, 10:00 a.m.
Where: Sidewalk in front of Vons grocery store at Tropicana Blvd and S Maryland Pkwy
Visuals: Vons store, consumer activists, stacks of GMO labeling petitions, activists holding signs
# # #
U.S. PIRG Education Fund works to protect consumers and promote good government. We investigate problems, craft solutions, educate the public, and offer meaningful opportunities for civic participation. www.uspirgedfund.org
- Students at a Trump rally become part of a venomous political lesson
- How do CCSD schools’ sports facilities stack up with Gorman’s?
- For Macau casinos, challenges appear on multiple fronts
- Snow flurries help usher in ski season on Mount Charleston
- Bern’s-Eye View: Mountain West Football and Basketball Picks