This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Members of the Henderson Nevada Green Valley Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to offer a day of service
Published on Thu, Mar 20, 2014 (2:55 p.m.)Hundreds of members of the Green Valley Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will volunteer their time cleaning debris from Pittman Wash on Saturday, March 22 beginning at 8:00 AM.
Their efforts are part of a "Day of Service" to aid the community. Members of the church pattern their lives after the example set by Jesus Christ. By offering unselfish service, members follow the Savior’s example.
The clean up effort will be spearheaded by President Garth Rasmussen, Second Counselor in the Henderson Green Valley Stake Presidency. A "stake" is a group of 10 neighboring congregations. Each congregation is assigned a section of the wash in which to clean out debris.
- 2015 AVN/AEE Q+A: Ela Darling’s journey from librarian to porn star
- 2 suspects sought in sports book robbery at the M Resort
- The Shortinos’ famed Caddy: Gone in 60 minutes
- Once again, Patriots could stick it to Las Vegas sports books in the Super Bowl
- Q+A: Nevada’s top gaming regulator on his perspective as physician, why pot is no-no