This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
College of Southern Nevada Free Book Library Giveaway
Published on Sat, Apr 5, 2014 (1:26 p.m.)April 1, 2014 – Two student clubs at the College of Southern Nevada will be giving away starter home libraries Saturday, April 12.
Set for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., or until they run out of books, the Living Sociology Club and CSN's Students Making a Difference members will give away 10 books to anyone who comes and signs in. The aim is to encourage reading in people of all ages.
Refreshments will be provided, and there will be a poetry corner, a story corner, arts and crafts and plenty of reading space.
"We have over a thousand books to give away and we are still collecting, so there may be even more".
The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 12 on CSN’s Cheyenne campus, in the June Whitley Student Center.
For more information, contact Pattie Thomas at 702-651-4863 or by email, [email protected]
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey’s definition of happiness: ‘The absence of wants’
- Week 16 NFL picks and game of the week for Sun’s handicapping contest
- Rebels know what they’re up against in balanced, 14th-ranked Utah
- Vegas Play of the Day: Utah vs. Colorado State in Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl
- New video shows Rice and fiancee in aftermath of punch