This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Mines News: Henderson, N.V., student named to Mines Dean’s List
Published on Mon, Jul 7, 2014 (9:37 a.m.)School of Mines News
South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
501 E. Saint Joseph St.
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Henderson, N.V., student named to Mines Dean’s List
RAPID CITY, S.D. (July 7, 2014) – South Dakota School of Mines & Technology student Christian Chavez, mechanical engineering, Henderson, N.V., was named to the Dean’s List for the 2014 spring semester. In order to merit a spot on the Dean’s List, students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher for the semester. Full-time students must have earned a minimum of 12 credit hours that term, while part-time students must have earned between 3 and 11 credit hours that term.
Public Relations Officer
Founded in 1885, the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology is a science and engineering research university located in Rapid City, S.D., offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The university enrolls 2,640 students from 45 states and 37 countries, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. The average starting salary for graduates is $62,020 with a 98 percent placement rate. Find us online at www.sdsmt.edu, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sdsmt and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/sdsmt.
- Hang gliding accident near Jean kills instructor, 11-year-old boy
- Celebrity preview: XS’ 6th with Avicii, ‘Vanderpump Rules,’ Warren G, Widespread Panic, Andre Rochat
- How a Las Vegas expansion hockey team’s roster would take shape
- Gay and Lesbian Community Center offers alternative sex ed courses for CCSD students
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of Saturday’s Elite 8