Las Vegas Sun

April 18, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Henderson Dentist Helping Area Families

Published on Sun, Jul 20, 2014 (10:33 p.m.)

HENDERSON- As the healthcare debate rages nationally, one Henderson dentist has decided to do something tangible to help individuals and families afford quality dental care. “Statistically speaking, more than 60% of Americans don’t have dental insurance,” said Dr. Brad Stoker from his dental practice on Lake Mead Boulevard in Henderson. “This means that a large majority of people here locally delay dental procedures, which is not good for dental health or overall healthcare.” A recent report by CBS News cited by Dr. Brad indicated dental decay as a contributing factor in many seemingly unrelated problems... including employment problems, heart disease and childhood school absences.

“Even here in Henderson we see kids in our practice who are in chronic pain because a simple cavity was not caught in time. That cavity was not caught because the parents perceived that they could not afford dental care. By the time the pain for the child is unbearable... the cost of solving the problem has escalated two or three times over what it would have been if caught a year earlier. This bothered me a great deal and I decided to be part of finding a solution.” The solution that Dr. Brad helped implement with other dentists across the country is both simple and quite ingenious... and may prove to be a model for healthcare reform across the board. “Numbers don’t lie... and we found that we could create a system where families could get earlier preventative and less expensive dental care.” The program is called QDP - Quality Dental Plan (QualityDentalPlan.com), which is now rolling out nationally across the nation thanks to Dr. Brad and other forwarding thinking dentists.

“I sat down with my front office team and saw how much money was going to insurance companies, claim forms administration and collections costs. We also calculated how many hundreds of extra dollars families were spending by not catching potential problems that we could have found during a simple annual dental exam. When I began to run these numbers with other dentists around America... we found that we could offer our patients free initial exams, free exam x-rays, free teeth cleanings and as much as 20% off our usual fee structure simply by creating our own in-house dental savings plan.” The result was QDP... and Dr. Brad is quite proud of what he and the other dentists have created. “This one simple step has allowed us to eliminate the insurance company middle man... and those savings are going right back into the pockets of folks here locally. I’m really proud to be part of this forward looking cost-savings movement. This is a great system for dental care everywhere.”

###