Former member of Dire Straits plays The Joint
Like most school boys in England during the 1960s, Mark Knopfler was a guitar toting, aspiring rock musician. After playing with a string of blues-infused, guitar picking start-up bands, Knopfler and a few other guys finally made it big in the late 1970s with the formation of Dire Straits.
Unlike their name indicated, the band was in great company with hits like "Sultans of Swing" off their self-titled debut album in 1977.
After Dire Straits broke up in the late 1980s, Knopfler continued playing music and has collaborated with artists like Bob Dylan, Vince Gill and James Taylor. Knopfler picked up his solo career in 1996 and has since released five albums, his latest, "Kill To Get Crimson."
When: Thursday, June 26, 2008
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Joint, 4455 Paradise Road, Las Vegas
Cost: $52.50 - $105.50
Age limit: All ages
- Mark Knopfler (May 26, 2008)
Event posted May 26, 2008
Last updated Aug. 11, 2008
- Sandy and Lonnie Hammargren Open House & Book Release Party
- The Hammargren Home, 4300 Ridgecrest Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89121 | 11:00:00
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Spooktacular
- Regency Tropicana Cinemas | 20:00:00
- The PhanArt Poster and Pin Exhibition
- Brooklyn Bowl | 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.