Guantanamo Bay Film Screening & Panel Discussion
The ACLU of Nevada, in cooperation with Amnesty International and the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, presents a screening of The Response- the Guantanamo courtroom drama. The screening will be followed by a distinguished panel discussion. The 30-minute film is based upon actual courtroom transcripts compiled to deliver a compelling story in which three Guantanamo military tribunal judges must decide the fate of a Middle Eastern detainee. The composite fictional characters shed light on the realities of this controversial legal process, affording the film's audience a close and personal look at recent and ongoing events in Guantanamo Bay.
Participants in the panel discussion immediately following the screening include:
- Sig Libowitz - Writer/Producer/Actor in The Response
- Peter Riegert - Actor from The Response
- Banafsheh Akhlaghi - Western Regional Director, Amnesty International
- Christopher Blakesley - Professor, William S. Boyd School of Law
- Gerald Bierbaum - Las Vegas Office of the Federal Public Defender
When: Thursday, Sept. 24, 2009
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law - Thomas & Mack Moot Court Facility
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Sept. 14, 2009
Last updated Sept. 15, 2009
- Las Vegas Coin, Currency, Jewelry, Postcard & Stamp Shows
- Orleans Hotel-Casino
- Young Thug
- SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino | 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Jim Norton
- The Mirage Hotel and Casino | 10 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.