Vintage Documentary Film Series
Made for the 1939 New York World's Fair, The City is a seminal documentary film distinguished for the organic integration of narration, cinematography (Ralph Steiner and Willard Van Dyke), and music(Aaron Copland). The score, arguably Copland's highest achievement in film, was also his ticket to Hollywood; it has been called "an astonishing missing link not only in the genesis of Copland's Americana style but in American music and cinema." (Mark Swed, The Los Angeles Times). Henderson Libraries thanks Naxos for their permission to show this film to the public. (1939, 131 min, NR) Meeting in the program room. Registration required. Register online at www.mypubliclibrary.com. Event is free and open to the public.
When: Thursday, Sept. 23, 2010
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Green Valley Library, 2797 N. Green Valley Parkway, Henderson
Age limit: 18+
Event posted Aug. 25, 2010
Last updated Aug. 25, 2010
- Red, White & Blue Vegan Cookout and Cuddles with Farm Animals Fundraiser
- Location is a private residence and will be disclosed after ticket purchase | 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Bryan Adams
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas | 19:00:00
- Steven Tyler
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino | 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
- The Trails village of Summerlin, at Hillpointe Road and Hills Center Drive | 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Boulder City's Damboree Celebration
- Veterans' Memorial Park and Broadbent Park, Boulder City | 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at Mission Hills Park
- Mission Hills Park | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.