Master Preserver training
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension presents its first-ever Master Food Preserver class in southern Nevada. An outreach of Utah State University’s volunteer program, Master Food Preservers are taught, through hands-on classroom training, the basics of canning, drying and freezing fresh fruits and vegetables. In exchange for this valuable information, volunteers are required to teach these basics to others in the community through a variety of educational opportunities. The Master Food Preserver class teaches the fundamentals of home food preservation in six sections: canning, drying, freezing, pressure canning, pickles and relishes and jams and jellies.
When: Tuesday, March 22, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNCE’s Lifelong Learning Center at 8050 Paradise Road
Age limit: All ages
Event posted March 4, 2011
Last updated March 4, 2011
- Sandy and Lonnie Hammargren Open House & Book Release Party
- The Hammargren Home, 4300 Ridgecrest Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Spooktacular
- Regency Tropicana Cinemas
- The PhanArt Poster and Pin Exhibition
- Brooklyn Bowl | 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.