FREE Admission to Mob Museum in Recognition of Kefauver Day
On Nov. 15, The Mob Museum will commemorate the anniversary of the Kefauver Committee hearings, which took place in its building in 1950, with a day featuring special programming as well as free admission during regular operating hours for Nevada residents. In addition to free admission for Nevada residents, Kefauver Day programming will include: an all-day screening of Jon Rubin’s new hour-long documentary about the Kefauver Committee hearings, “Crimebuster: Senator Estes Kefauver, Politics, Television and Organized Crime,” beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Museum’s multipurpose room; a proclamation by city of Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman declaring Nov. 15 Kefauver Day, which will be presented to Diane Kefauver, daughter of U.S. Senator Estes Kefauver (D – Tenn.) and a courtroom presentation to area school students about the Kefauver Committee hearings, followed by a Museum-wide educational scavenger hunt.
When: Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Mob Museum, 300 Stewart Ave, Las Vegas
Age limit: 5+
Categories: Museums (permanent)
Event posted Nov. 5, 2012
Last updated Nov. 5, 2012
- Sandy and Lonnie Hammargren Open House & Book Release Party
- The Hammargren Home, 4300 Ridgecrest Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89121 | 11:00:00
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Spooktacular
- Regency Tropicana Cinemas | 20:00:00
- The PhanArt Poster and Pin Exhibition
- Brooklyn Bowl | 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.