Brookings Mountain West Lecture
"U.S. Energy Policy: The Burdens of the Past and Moving Forward"
John Banks, Nonresident Fellow, Foreign Policy and Energy Security Initiative
Since the oil embargo of 1973, the United States has struggled to implement a sustainable and comprehensive national energy policy. Forging a consistent policy approach has been complicated by more recent emerging trends: how to combat global climate change, the continued emergence of viable alternative energy options, and the hydrocarbon renaissance.
This presentation will discuss several major themes that have impacted energy policy-making since the 1970s and how they are reflected in key issues debated in the current election year. It will then pose some thoughts on how to move away from the burdens of the past and move forward.
When: Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNLV Greenspun Hall, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Aug. 15, 2012
Last updated Aug. 15, 2012
- Sandy and Lonnie Hammargren Open House & Book Release Party
- The Hammargren Home, 4300 Ridgecrest Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89121 | 11:00:00
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Spooktacular
- Regency Tropicana Cinemas | 20:00:00
- The PhanArt Poster and Pin Exhibition
- Brooklyn Bowl | 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.