The James Beard Foundation’s Taste America
The James Beard Foundation’s Taste America: “Local Flavor from Coast To Coast,” a national traveling food festival which will visit Las Vegas on Friday, September 27 and Saturday, September 28.
Friday, September 27
4 pm: Bellagio Picasso Restaurant – Champagne, Sparkling and Chefs - An afternoon of bubbly and heavenly creations from James Beard Award Winner Julian Serrano, AAA Five Diamond Award Picasso Bellagio.
8 pm: L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon & Joël Robuchon Restaurant MGM Grand - An evening of Wine & Food presented by Joël Robuchon tasting menu (12 courses, 16 plates)
Saturday, September 28
10 am: Sur La Table at Fashion Show Mall - This full day of free consumer retail events features in-store chef appearances, cooking demonstrations, tastings from local artisans and producers and a special cooking demonstration and book signing with Taste America All-Star Masaharu Morimoto at 2pm.
11:30 am: Sur La Table - Cooking Demonstration JBF Award Winner François Payard
2:00 pm: Sur La Table - Cooking Demonstration JBF Award Winner Masaharu Morimoto Iron Chef and proprietor of Morimoto Restaurants
Taste America Vehicle - The official Taste America vehicle will make stops at local farmers markets and various locations throughout the weekend to promote healthy, sustainable practices with tastings and demos from participating chefs. Exact locations and times to be confirmed.
8 pm: “A Taste of America” Poolside Reception at The Mirage
Co-hosted by Taste America All-Star Masaharu Morimoto and Host Chef Christian Schmidt, the evening will include a tasting reception featuring delectable dishes and cocktails from several of Las Vegas’ finest restaurants at The Mirage’s award-winning pool. The ladies of FANTASY, the popular adult revue at Luxor Hotel and Casino, will heat things up with a poolside performance. Immediately following the reception, VIP ticket holders will have access to an exclusive after party at 1 OAK nightclub.
When: Friday, Sept. 27, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Mirage Hotel and Casino, 3400 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas
Cost: $120 - $250
Age limit: Not available
Categories: Food Festival
Event posted Sept. 4, 2013
Last updated Sept. 4, 2013
- Red, White & Blue Vegan Cookout and Cuddles with Farm Animals Fundraiser
- Location is a private residence and will be disclosed after ticket purchase | 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Bryan Adams
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Steven Tyler
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino | 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
- The Trails village of Summerlin, at Hillpointe Road and Hills Center Drive | 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Boulder City's Damboree Celebration
- Veterans' Memorial Park and Broadbent Park, Boulder City | 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at Mission Hills Park
- Mission Hills Park | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.