Critique and Conversation: The Aesthetics of Flesh
Join the museum the last Friday of every month for informal and in-depth discussions about art and ideas.
Flesh has been a dominant feature in Catholic visual culture since the Medieval period. Through the art of contemporary artist, Victoria Reynolds, we will analyze how this theme relates to the imagery presented in the Barrick's new exhibition "Private/Public: Images of Devotion from 19th and early 20th Century Mexico" curated by Emmanuel Ortega in the Michael C. and Mannetta Braunstein Gallery.
Co-hosted by Emmanuel Ortega (PhD candidate in Ibero-American Colonial Art History from the University of New Mexico, UNLV Art History Instructor), Alisha Kerlin (Barrick Collection Manager) and DK Sole (Barrick Content Specialist)
When: Friday, April 25, 2014
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Marjorie Barrick Museum at UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 4, 2014
Last updated April 4, 2014
- Red, White & Blue Vegan Cookout and Cuddles with Farm Animals Fundraiser
- Location is a private residence and will be disclosed after ticket purchase | 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Bryan Adams
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas | 19:00:00
- Steven Tyler
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino | 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
- The Trails village of Summerlin, at Hillpointe Road and Hills Center Drive | 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Boulder City's Damboree Celebration
- Veterans' Memorial Park and Broadbent Park, Boulder City | 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at Mission Hills Park
- Mission Hills Park | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.