Critique and Conversation: The Aesthetics of Flesh
Join the museum the last Friday of every month for informal and in-depth discussions about art and ideas.
Flesh has been a dominant feature in Catholic visual culture since the Medieval period. Through the art of contemporary artist, Victoria Reynolds, we will analyze how this theme relates to the imagery presented in the Barrick's new exhibition "Private/Public: Images of Devotion from 19th and early 20th Century Mexico" curated by Emmanuel Ortega in the Michael C. and Mannetta Braunstein Gallery.
Co-hosted by Emmanuel Ortega (PhD candidate in Ibero-American Colonial Art History from the University of New Mexico, UNLV Art History Instructor), Alisha Kerlin (Barrick Collection Manager) and DK Sole (Barrick Content Specialist)
When: Friday, April 25, 2014
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Marjorie Barrick Museum at UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 4, 2014
Last updated April 4, 2014
- Sandy and Lonnie Hammargren Open House & Book Release Party
- The Hammargren Home, 4300 Ridgecrest Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Spooktacular
- Regency Tropicana Cinemas
- The PhanArt Poster and Pin Exhibition
- Brooklyn Bowl | 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.