The Legacy of Matthew Shepard ft. Judy Shepard
To help raise awareness for LGBTQ rights and address the issue of hate crimes, and presented by the John C. Kish Foundation, The Center and the Anti-Defamation League have teamed up to welcome Judy Shepard for a special speaking engagement. Judy is the mother of Matthew Shepard, a 21-year-old student who was brutally murdered in 1998 in Laramie, Wyo. because he was gay. Matthew’s death galvanized millions of people and focused the nation’s attention on the growing epidemic of hate crimes. In the aftermath, Judy and Dennis Shepard started the Matthew Shepard Foundation (www.matthewshepard.org
Registration to attend is preferred and can be done by calling 702-862-8600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, March 24 at 7 p.m.
When: Monday, March 24, 2014
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada, 401 S. Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: Not available
Event posted March 6, 2014
Last updated March 6, 2014
- Sandy and Lonnie Hammargren Open House & Book Release Party
- The Hammargren Home, 4300 Ridgecrest Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Spooktacular
- Regency Tropicana Cinemas
- The PhanArt Poster and Pin Exhibition
- Brooklyn Bowl | 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.