AIDS Walk 2014
Vegas' entertainers will unite in the fight against HIV/AIDS at the 24th annual AIDS Walk on Sunday, May 4 at UNLV to benefit Aid for AIDS of Nevada (AFAN). For the 13th year in a row, Penn & Teller will serve as grand marshals.
Sign-in begins at 8 a.m. in front of the Student Union with the opening ceremony at 9 a.m. and the walk beginning at 10:30. The community picnic, which is a joint effort with the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), will be held immediately following the walk in front of the Student Union and feature some of Las Vegas' finest food trucks.
Individuals of all ages are encouraged to participate and registration is free. A minimum donation of $50 per person is encouraged and includes an official AIDS Walk t-shirt. For additional information and to register, visit afanlv.org
When: Sunday, May 4, 2014
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: Not available
Event posted March 17, 2014
Last updated March 17, 2014
- Red, White & Blue Vegan Cookout and Cuddles with Farm Animals Fundraiser
- Location is a private residence and will be disclosed after ticket purchase | 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Bryan Adams
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Steven Tyler
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino | 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
- The Trails village of Summerlin, at Hillpointe Road and Hills Center Drive | 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Boulder City's Damboree Celebration
- Veterans' Memorial Park and Broadbent Park, Boulder City | 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at Mission Hills Park
- Mission Hills Park | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.