Homeless Youth Bowling Tournament
Support homeless youth in Southern Nevada by gathering some friends to form a bowling team or bowl on your own. The Fifth Annual “Homeless Youth in the Alley” bowling tournament will be Saturday, May 31 at the Suncoast Bowling Center, located on 9090 Alta Drive. "Homeless Youth in the Alley" is a fun-filled, family-friendly bowling tournament, featuring give-a-ways, food, a raffle, and more – all for a worthy cause. Registration begins at 11 a.m., with the tournament running from noon to 2 p.m.
The event benefits the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth (NPHY), Southern Nevada’s most comprehensive service provider for homeless youth. The nonprofit organization provides services extending from bringing teens off the streets and meeting their most basic needs to helping them transition to long-term self-sufficiency and success.
Individual tickets to the event cost $40 and include five games of Baker Style bowling, lunch, a tournament t-shirt, a gift bag, and an opportunity to win great prizes. Teams cost $200 and include a lane and all of the above for five players. Teams also will be encouraged to fundraise ahead of the tournament for prizes. Visit http://nphy.org/HYA to register as an individual player or team or to donate. For questions or more information, call NPHY at 702-383-1332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the bowling tourney is a fun, family-friendly event, the issue of youth homelessness is becoming a serious crisis in Southern Nevada. In 2010, Nevada was ranked 43rd in the nation for child homelessness according to the National Center on Family Homelessness, and the Clark County School District reported that 6,923 homeless youth were enrolled in schools during the 2012 - 2013 school year, a 16 percent increase from the previous two years. The National Runaway Switchboard reports that youth ages 12 – 17 are at higher risk for homelessness than adults nationwide.
When: Saturday, May 31, 2014
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Suncoast Bowling Center, 9090 Alta Drive, Las Vegas
Cost: $40 - $200
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 4, 2014
Last updated April 4, 2014
- Red, White & Blue Vegan Cookout and Cuddles with Farm Animals Fundraiser
- Location is a private residence and will be disclosed after ticket purchase | 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Bryan Adams
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Steven Tyler
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino | 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
- The Trails village of Summerlin, at Hillpointe Road and Hills Center Drive | 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Boulder City's Damboree Celebration
- Veterans' Memorial Park and Broadbent Park, Boulder City | 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at Mission Hills Park
- Mission Hills Park | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.