The Chicken Shack
The concept: What would be the ideal soundtrack of a fried-chicken joint—here or anywhere? Probably a mix of Southern soul, funk and R&B; various Latin American and African rhythms; and Jamaican ska and reggae—in other words, global roots music. Which is what DJs Rex Dart and Ghostride use to cut through the smoky haze of the Double Down, allowing you to see the Shack Shackette go-go girls, as well as the free fried chicken on offer to paying drinkers.
Event is ongoing: Indefinitely
- Saturdays at 11:59 p.m.
Where: Double Down Saloon, 4640 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: Not available
Event posted Nov. 27, 2013
Last updated Aug. 13, 2014
- Sandy and Lonnie Hammargren Open House & Book Release Party
- The Hammargren Home
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Spooktacular
- Regency Tropicana Cinemas
- The PhanArt Poster and Pin Exhibition
- Brooklyn Bowl | 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.