co-sponsored by the Southern Nevada Old Time Contra Dancers
Hosted at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, this is a chance to dance to the live music of an acoustic band playing joyful fiddle tunes, driving reels and a waltz or two. These lively community dancers ( all ages welcome ) recapture the spirit of New England other frontier barn dances from American history. All dances are taught and called, newcomers and families are welcome. No need to bring a partner. Wear comfortable flat-soled shoes and casual clothing.
Adults are $7, members, students and military $5 and children under 16 and non-dancing adults for $3 Pay at the door.
Call 229-6383 for details.
Event is ongoing: Indefinitely
- Saturdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St., Las Vegas
Cost: $3 - $7
Age limit: All ages
Event posted July 31, 2009
Last updated Oct. 13, 2011
- Red, White & Blue Vegan Cookout and Cuddles with Farm Animals Fundraiser
- Location is a private residence and will be disclosed after ticket purchase | 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Bryan Adams
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Steven Tyler
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino | 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
- The Trails village of Summerlin, at Hillpointe Road and Hills Center Drive | 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Boulder City's Damboree Celebration
- Veterans' Memorial Park and Broadbent Park, Boulder City | 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Fireworks at Mission Hills Park
- Mission Hills Park | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.