West Charleston Library | 9 p.m.
This Vegas group—featuring its namesake guitarist/oud player, along with Laraine Kaizer (violin), the Azzi brothers (percussion) and dancer Zhanna—blends classical and contemporary sounds from the Middle East. January 30, 7 p.m., free, West Charleston Library.
The history of Las Vegas is the ultimate American rags-to-riches story, filled with unusual heroes and foes. This 103-year-old saga follows the city through its incredible ups and downs, and highlights how and where some of the U.S.'s most monumental moments occurred.
The Las Vegas Sun’s online moving guide offers new residents a helping hand with useful tips and Web sites to visits, as well as practical information to help you join the more than 2 million people who have already settled into the Las Vegas Valley.
Find out how frequently individual direct flights were delayed by 15 minutes or more when traveling to and from McCarran International Airport in the last 12 months.
- Dean Martin carpet controversy, nightlife shakeup the latest from SLS
- Driver sought in hit-and-run that kills pedestrian near Mandalay Bay
- Metro Police investigating extortion attempt targeting GOP assemblyman
- Driver suffers head injury in two-car crash near Windmill and Eastern
- Vegas Play of the Day: Houston Rockets at Detroit Pistons