Length: 1 hour, 37 minutes
Synopsis: When long-term congressman Cam Brady commits a major public gaffe before an upcoming election, a pair of ultra-wealthy CEOs plot to put up a rival candidate and gain influence over their North Carolina district. Their man: naïve Marty Huggins, director of the local Tourism Center. At first, Marty appears to be the unlikeliest possible choice but, with the help of his new benefactors’ support, a cutthroat campaign manager and his family’s political connections, he soon becomes a contender who gives the charismatic Cam plenty to worry about. As Election Day closes in, the two are locked in a dead heat, with insults quickly escalating to injury until all they care about is burying each other.
- Longtime ‘Cowboy Sheriff’ Ralph Lamb dies at 88
- Celebrity preview: Kenny Chesney, 311, Paris Hilton, Ke$ha, ‘DWTS,’ DJs galore
- 2 seriously injured in crash involving RTC bus, car, truck
- Military recruits not using U.S.-made sneakers
- For John Payne, it’s EDM and smile; ‘Baz’ performs quick change at Light