The Last Stand
Length: 1 hour, 47 minutes
Synopsis: After leaving his LAPD narcotics post following a bungled operation that left him wracked with remorse and regret, Sheriff Ray Owens moved out of Los Angeles and settled into a life fighting what little crime takes place in sleepy border town Sommerton Junction. But that peaceful existence is shattered when Gabriel Cortez, the most notorious, wanted drug kingpin in the western hemisphere, makes a deadly yet spectacular escape from an FBI prisoner convoy. With the help of a fierce band of lawless mercenaries, Cortez begins racing towards the US-Mexico border with a hostage in tow… straight through Summerton Junction. At first reluctant to become involved, and then counted out because of the perceived ineptitude of his small town force, Owens ultimately rallies his team and takes the matter into his own hands, setting the stage for a classic showdown.
- UFC fighter Nick Diaz reportedly involved in brawl at Las Vegas club
- Police: Suspect in fatal pipe beating was high school friend of victim
- Bags fly free policy could cost Southwest Airlines in unexpected way
- Bishop Gorman ready to face hostile Texas crowd, bring win back to Las Vegas
- Editorial: Light rail key to ensuring visitors enjoy L.V. — and come back