Length: 2 hours
Synopsis: “Argo” chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis-the truth of which was unknown by the public for decades. On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of the Canadian ambassador. Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, a CIA “exfiltration” specialist named Tony Mendez comes up with a risky plan to get them safely out of the country.
- Man arrested after allegedly throwing tiles at pedestrians from Vegas rooftop
- Donations pour in for dog found hanging in tree
- Man seriously hurt, another arrested in hit-and-run near UNLV, police say
- Inmate, 47, dies after 2-month stay at Las Vegas hospital
- B.B. King admirers gather again Saturday for memorial in Vegas