Length: 2 hours
Synopsis: “Argo” chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis-the truth of which was unknown by the public for decades. On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of the Canadian ambassador. Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, a CIA “exfiltration” specialist named Tony Mendez comes up with a risky plan to get them safely out of the country.
- No tall tales: 20 facts to mark 20 years of the Stratosphere
- Big names say ‘don’t pick me’ to join Trump as running mate
- Editorial: Unlike expressway, light rail isn’t a potential road to ruin
- Editorial: Time for lawmakers to look over NSHE’s shoulder
- Where I Stand: Do-nothing GOP is poised to repeat history