The Great Gatsby in 3D
Length: 2 hours, 23 minutes
Synopsis: The film follows Fitzgerald-like, would-be writer Nick Carraway as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super-rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.
- Six renovated grocery stores make their debut, Town Square gets juicy
- Beware of ticket scams for Mayweather Jr.-Pacquiao fight May 2 at MGM
- Jerry Tarkanian, ‘the greatest Rebel of all time,’ remembered for loyalty during UNLV tribute
- March Madness: Between basketball, NASCAR and Spring Break, March is Las Vegas’ biggest month
- Two suspects arrested in connection to Pahrump home invasion; third still sought