The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960 —ideal setting for this eternal conflict of depravity and innocence. In this production, inspired by the antics of the Rat Pack, Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic as his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto. Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughter — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Bags fly free policy could cost Southwest Airlines in unexpected way
- Bishop Gorman ready to face hostile Texas crowd, bring win back to Las Vegas
- Developers: No negotiating on $750 million for proposed NFL stadium
- Complaint: Man got $5,000 from craps table with no paper trail
- Editorial: Light rail key to ensuring visitors enjoy L.V. — and come back