The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960 —ideal setting for this eternal conflict of depravity and innocence. In this production, inspired by the antics of the Rat Pack, Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic as his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto. Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughter — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Super Summer Theater is a million-dollar gem looking for a million-dollar boost
- Ali-Walsh uses speed to lead Gorman to opening night win
- Las Vegas legend Frank Mir has plenty of fight left in him
- Why NV Energy needs to step up its solar-power game
- Tesla’s arrival in Northern Nevada shows if we build it, they will come