The Metropolitan Opera: Un Ballo in Maschera
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Accompanied by a thrilling score, Verdi’s vivid characters grapple with life and love, betrayal and death. Director David Alden’s dreamlike setting provides a compelling backdrop for this dramatic story of jealousy and vengeance. Marcelo Álvarez stars as the conflicted king; Sondra Radvanovsky is Amelia, the object of his secret passion; and Dmitri Hvorostovsky is her suspicious husband. Kathleen Kim is the page Oscar, and mezzosoprano powerhouses Dolora Zajick and Stephanie Blythe take turns singing the fortuneteller Ulrica. Fabio Luisi conducts.
- Sale prices for new homes edge up in Las Vegas, nearing boom-era record
- MGM vows changes after T-Mobile ticketing issue caused delays, long lines
- Mojave Desert at stake in far-reaching federal energy plan
- Odds indicate UNLV football will contend for bowl berth
- Police: Teen faces robbery count in shootout with Pokemon Go player