The Metropolitan Opera: Un Ballo in Maschera
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Accompanied by a thrilling score, Verdi’s vivid characters grapple with life and love, betrayal and death. Director David Alden’s dreamlike setting provides a compelling backdrop for this dramatic story of jealousy and vengeance. Marcelo Álvarez stars as the conflicted king; Sondra Radvanovsky is Amelia, the object of his secret passion; and Dmitri Hvorostovsky is her suspicious husband. Kathleen Kim is the page Oscar, and mezzosoprano powerhouses Dolora Zajick and Stephanie Blythe take turns singing the fortuneteller Ulrica. Fabio Luisi conducts.
- Grand Canal Shoppes to welcome famed Buffalo bar, bids farewell to Postrio
- Startup with Las Vegas ties scores $100 million investment
- Self-driving semi-truck makes debut on Hoover Dam
- Collision Conference Day One Roundup: Weed, hackers and robots
- #MayPac stats: 336,000 visitors; $180 million to Mayweather Jr.; 2 million drinks